“Is it a boy or a girl?” Looking for a unique way to surprise your husband? Here is private gender reveal ideas for husband or Immediate Family.
As soon as you are done announcing pregnancy to immediate family, everyone’s eye is set on finding out the gender of the baby. And I am not surprised if your husband or partner wants to know the gender of the baby before the gender reveals party. After all, he is as excited as you are to know the gender of the baby!
Whether you want to private gender reveal with just you and your husband or surprise your immediate family, we have got you covered.
- Surprise Gender Reveal Idea for Husband
- 1. Intimate Gender Reveal for Husband with Sealed Envelope
- Gender Reveal Ideas for Husband when a wife knows the Gender
- 2.Gender Reveal for Husband with Baby Outfit
- 3.Reveal with Matching Outfit
- 4.Private Gender Reveal with Bath Bomb
- 5.Gender Reveal for Husband with Candle
- 6.Gender Reveal on Camping Trip
- 7.Gender Reveal with Tire Burnout
- 8.Gender Reveal for Husband with Balloons
- 9.Reveal it with Balloon in your Car Trunk
- 10.Sports Theme Gender Reveal for Husband
- Gender Reveal Ideas for Immediate Family
- 11. Gender Reveal Balloon Drop
- 12.Let them eat the Cake
- 13.Gender Reveal with Chalk Cannon
- 14.Reveal it with Fireworks
- 15.Gender Reveal Confetti Cannons
- 16.Water Balloon Fight
- 17.Oreo Cookie Gender Reveal
- 18.Gender Reveal with Fortune Cookies
- 19.Scratch Card Gender Reveal
- 20.Magical Gender Reveal with Dragon Egg
- 21.Pop the Balloon
- 22. Gender Reveal with Rubber Ducky
- 23.Gender Reveal Piñata
- 24.DIY Gender Reveal Paint Canvas
- 25.Let them Cast their Vote
- 26.Gender Reveal with Siblings
- 27.Gender Reveal with fur Baby
- Which Gender Reveal Ideas for Husband or Immediate Family are you going to choose?
- You May Also Like
Recommended Reading: 180+ Unique Baby shower cake sayings
Disclosure: This post may contains affiliate links. As an affiliate and amazon associate, I earn commission on qualified purchase at no extra cost to you.
Surprise Gender Reveal Idea for Husband
At this stage of pregnancy, you are the center of attention with the baby growing in your womb. So make your husband feel special with a surprise gender reveal only for him before you announce it to your immediate family. Here are some ideas to surprise him with exciting news.
1. Intimate Gender Reveal for Husband with Sealed Envelope
If you want a private gender reveal with just you and your husband, make it more intimate. For example, have an ultrasound technician write down the gender of the baby on a piece of paper and put it in a sealed envelope. Here is some intimate gender reveal idea for just you and your husband.
- Give a sealed envelope to your family member or baker and ask them to bake cake or cupcake to fill according to gender. Then, both of you can go to your favorites spot near the lake or park to enjoy the moment and dessert privately together.
- Give a sealed envelope to your family member and ask them to buy cute outfits based on gender. Have them gift wrapped in a box that says, ‘Boy or Girl?’ Both of you can open the box together and share the moment.
- Give a sealed envelope to a waiter at your favorite restaurant and ask them to write It’s a Boy or It’s a Girl into their dessert based on gender. At the end of the meal, you will find out the gender of the baby as a couple.
- Plan a weekend getaway to your favorite destination and open the sealed envelope in a hotel room or while having a candlelight dinner.
- If your doctor calls to reveal the gender (due to hospital policy), ask them to leave a message on your phone with the baby’s gender. Both of you can hear this message together after a special dinner. A simple yet cute way for intimate gender reveal. Make sure to record your expression.
Gender Reveal Ideas for Husband when a wife knows the Gender
When you found out the gender of the baby from a technician or doctor and your husband is not around, you can plan something special to reveal your big news to him.
2.Gender Reveal for Husband with Baby Outfit
When you find out the gender of the baby, go and buy a cute baby outfit based on gender and gift wrap it. Then, let him open the gift. Or get a custom onesie and say something cute about daddy (like “Daddy’s little girl” or Daddy’s drinking Buddy”) to reveal the gender of the baby.
3.Reveal with Matching Outfit
You can’t go wrong with matching daddy and baby t-shirt. Something that says father’s princess and daughter of a king will be enough to bring tears in his eyes.
4.Private Gender Reveal with Bath Bomb
Get into bath tube with your husband and enjoy the moisturizing bath bomb with a fruity scent while you discover the exciting news. This bath bomb will change the bath watercolor to blue or pink but won’t stain your bathtub, so don’t worry about cleaning the mess.
5.Gender Reveal for Husband with Candle
For intimate and very personal gender reveal, get this color-changing candle and lit it at dinner time. Your husband will know the gender when the candle changes the color to blue or pink after burning for 20 minutes.
6.Gender Reveal on Camping Trip
If your husband is into camping, revealing gender with colorful fire flame is the way to go. All you have to do is sprinkle one or two packets of this on fire logs and let the color of the flame reveal the gender.
Disclaimer- Blue color is dominant when you sprinkle the powder on the log. So, if you are having a boy, you are in luck!
7.Gender Reveal with Tire Burnout
Tape a bag of this non-toxic color to the tire of your car and ask your husband to rev the engine. The burnout powder will reveal gender for you.
8.Gender Reveal for Husband with Balloons
Balloons in any form make a fun surprise gender reveal, whether you want it only with your husband or with family. So get this pink and blue cardboard gender reveal box and put pink or blue helium balloons based on the gender and seal it. Let your husband do the honors of opening the box.
9.Reveal it with Balloon in your Car Trunk
Get the helium-inflated pink or blue balloons and tie them with a weight. Place those balloons in the trunk of your car and let your husband open the trunk. Keep your camera ready to capture his expression.
The helium balloons in a trunk make an excellent gender reveal and photoshoot. Hire a professional photographer and fill the trunk of your car with balloons. Let him capture the memories while both of you uncover the gender of your baby.
Wait, Have you started documenting your pregnancy yet?
If not, it’s not too late to start a pregnancy journal. Journaling your pregnancy is not only therapeutic but also serve as a keepsake to preserve memories for lifetime. This 90 page All-in-one Pregnancy Planner/Journal contains pre-filled checklists, trackers, planners, space to write felling throughout pregnancy and attach pregnancy milestone photos. Learn more about it here.
Gender Reveal Ideas for Immediate Family
Once your husband knows the gender of the baby, it’s time to reveal the gender to your parents, kids (if you have other kids), grandparents, and siblings. So invite them under one roof and kick off some fun gender reveal party.
11. Gender Reveal Balloon Drop
Somethings that look like a banner but turns into an announcement itself when you are ready to reveal the gender is this cute balloon drop banner. It is an easy to set up and fun way to reveal the gender to your family.
13.Gender Reveal with Chalk Cannon
Playing with color is fun if you have not experienced it yet. You can make your chalk cannon with these non-toxic Holi colors. Or let this professionally designed chalk cannon reveal gender with maximum pop and enhanced safety. But be careful using these chalk cannons as they may cause injury.
14.Reveal it with Fireworks
You don’t have to wait till the 4th of July to experience fireworks. Buy pink or blue fireworks based on the gender of your baby and lit them up in your backyard to reveal the gender.
15.Gender Reveal Confetti Cannons
Gather up a few of these pink or blue confetti cannons and give them to your family to set it off, or you set it off by yourself. It will reveal gender, and you will have cute photos of you two in the midst of flying confetti. Or get this novelty confetti crackers from ETSY.
16.Water Balloon Fight
Get your family in the backyard and arrange a water balloon party. Let your family have a friendly water balloon fight first. And at the end lay ten clear water-filled balloons and one pink or blue water-filled balloon in a row. Let your family vote on which one to throw next. So, when the colored water balloon breaks, the gender is revealed.
17.Oreo Cookie Gender Reveal
For Oreo cookie fans, this is a very sneaky way to reveal the gender of your baby. Take the top of the Oreo cookie off and top the middle white cream with pink or blue sprinkles. Put the top cookie back on over the cream and coat with melted chocolate along with some regular Oreos. Leave the plate with mixed Oreos on the table. Give your family some clues and encourage them to eat Oreos until someone gets their hands on Oreo with pink or blue sprinkles.
18.Gender Reveal with Fortune Cookies
Buy fortune cookie shells and replace the slip of paper with paper containing the gender of your baby. Then, mix them with regular fortune cookies and serve them to your family at the end of the dinner. And whoever gets the fortune cookie containing surprises gets to babysit your baby when you go on a date night!
19.Scratch Card Gender Reveal
Gender reveal scratch-off cards are great simple and low-key gender reveal idea for your grandparents. They can just relax in their chair and still get the excitement of finding out the gender of the baby. Get either this coin-style scratch-off card or stork baby scratch-off card.
20.Magical Gender Reveal with Dragon Egg
Here comes a truly unique gender reveal idea for an Immediate family? This Dragon egg magically changes color from black scale to blur or pink when heated to body temperature. How magical!!
21.Pop the Balloon
Test your family’s dart skill with this interactive game of pop the balloon to reveal the gender. For the DIY approach, fill one balloon with pink or blue color water, rest with clear water and secure them to the board. Next, ask your family to take a turn and pop the balloon with the dart. Now, wait and see which of your family members pop the colored water balloon first.
You can also get this balloon and dart gender reveal set if you don’t want to set it up yourself. It will look much prettier in photos.
22. Gender Reveal with Rubber Ducky
This rubber ducky sits on a bath bomb, and when you put them on a bucket full of water, the bath bomb will slowly turn the water pink or blue. It is a great idea if you are going with the theme ‘Waddle it be?’
24.DIY Gender Reveal Paint Canvas
DIY Gender reveal paint to canvas is a great way to preserve memories for a lifetime. All you need to create this painted canvas are vinyl stickers, acrylic paint, and squirt guns. You can have your personalized gender reveal a message written on the canvas, and you reveal the gender by squirting blue or pink paint on the canvas. Later, you can hang the canvas in your nursery.
25.Let them Cast their Vote
Host a sport-themed gender reveal party and ask them to wear a pink or blue dress to cast their votes. The winning team will kick the color powder-filled baseball, soccer ball, or football and reveal the gender of the baby.
26.Gender Reveal with Siblings
Include elder siblings in the gender reveal process by giving them an important job of revealing the gender of the baby. For example, let your elder son come out of the room wearing ‘brother shark” t-shirt and holding a ‘baby shark onesie” or your elder daughter wearing a ‘Big sister‘ t-shirt and holding a ‘little sister’ t-shirt to reveal the gender.
27.Gender Reveal with fur Baby
If you are already a fur baby parent, take some help from them to reveal the gender of your baby. Then, get the party going, and at the end, bring them into the room dressed up with a bandana or t-shirt.
Which Gender Reveal Ideas for Husband or Immediate Family are you going to choose?
The day you reveal your gender to your husband or immediate family is an important milestone of your pregnancy. So, you definitely need to put your thoughts into planning this memorable event. Choose one of the ideas from this list, keep your video camera on, and enjoy the moment.
I hope you have an intimate gender reveal with your husband and an exciting time with your immediate family.
You May Also Like
- 9 Best Pregnancy-Safe, Non-Toxic Nail Polishes 2021
- 27 Surprise Gender Reveal Ideas for Husband or Immediate Family
- Creative Pregnancy Journal Ideas and Prompts for your DIY Project
- 7 Reasons Why it is harmful to Skip Meals during Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Safe BB creams and CC creams from high end to drugstore Brands
- 30 Creative ways to Announce Pregnancy on Social Media
- Can you take Emergen-C during Pregnancy or Breastfeeding?